Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A WAKE UP CALL....

Ever wonder how amazing it is that when you think of giving up on something little reminders come along to keep you moving along? Well as you would be aware it has been a long time since I wrote on this....slack, I know!

In the last couple of weeks I have been thinking, why would I do this blog? Is it something I really should be doing? Are my motives right? Is it something that is part of God's plan for me to do? Would it really make any difference to anyone?

On Monday I read, 2 Tim 1:6-7 "This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you. For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline"

Is it coincidental that last night we watched "Julie & Julia" (all about a Julie's struggle to finish something she started...a blogging project!) Then today someone rang and asked me, "How's your blog going?" ..... WHAT! Someone else was thinking about my blog?! I got home and a twitter comment on facebook gave me a sharp poke...

So I thought I better revisit the blog, and I find I have two followers, and some other comments!

OK, I get the message. I need to not be timid, and activate some self-discipline, all motivated by love.

So for all those who may happen to stumble on this blog, and especially for my two followers, whom I am sorry to have disappointed....

Rich blessings, ..... and lets keep up at whatever our dreams are!
Lynda :)

2 comments:

  1. That's the wonderful thing about a blog, it's there waiting when we have time or something we want to express. Never feel pressured, just wait on the Lord for inspiration...keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! God is so good....stuff all but dies, and He just comes and breathes life on it again :) AMAZING!! I just pray that it is far more than words, and actually brings hope and blessing to people. There are enough voices out there,I don't want to add to the clutter, I want to bring JESUS CHRIST into people's world, and all that He can do...not just 'waffle from Lynda' !!!

    ReplyDelete