Friday, March 26, 2010

A Breakfast Blog....

Hi everyone,

I'm really enjoying blogging....little thoughts and somewhere to express them. And I am most grateful for you who read them!

So here's another thought... What happens on those dull days when you have stuff to do -
THAT YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING!!! :(
You know, boring errands instead of a fun shopping spree, a heap of housework that you know you will have to revisit again and again and again, so what's the point anyway?
How about getting alongside one or more of your children who are struggling with homework... and super stressed over it as well (which tends to make them unreasonable)

OK, maybe there's a husband in your life.... He could have any number of requests for you....
You know, "can you pay this bill for me", "can I bring ______ home for tea", "I know you want to watch this, but there's a really big game on and I was planning to watch it", "why, you look lovely tonight!...."

Come on ladies, this is not the earth shaking major things in life, it's the small stuff, the stuff that makes up the fabric of your life.

How we respond will determine the level of joy in our lives and in our homes, but some days its really hard to live with.

WHAT DO YOU DO??

Turn it into worship. David said that he wouldn't offer God that which cost him nothing. And to do the dull stuff of life with joy does cost.

So next time you are faced with a day of dull duty offer it up to the Lord and say, "Today as I do this stuff, it's not really stuff Lord, it's my heartfelt song of worship to you - please enjoy xxx"

I promise you, there is no place this doesn't work.

Rich blessings to you,
love, Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment