Tuesday, March 30, 2010

KINDNESS ...WHAT A GIFT

Hi everyone,

Well, have I ever been tested since my last blog! My goodness, plenty of opportunities to offer songs of worship through the stuff of life ;)

Amongst all of this I have enjoyed the kindness of friends and family.

What a difference kindness makes.
  • A daughter who has become so much more... a friend.
  • My husband, who knows me better than anyone else could.
  • A great work environment where its OK to get it wrong sometimes

Kindness is a wonderful gift.


A favourite verse is Psalm 18:35 "You have also given me the shield of Your salvation; Your right hand has held me up, Your gentleness has made me great."


Why are gentleness & kindness so powerful?
Because it brings healing to our bruised and weary hearts & emotions; and because it gives us space to 'breath', space to try, space to fail, space to recover and space to grow.


For someone like me who can be very 'black & white' and pretty hard on myself and the people around me, this verse came as a lifeline years ago, and I have often returned to it, especially to allow kindness towards others to grow in me!


If God Almighty, who has so much power and righteousness can be kind to me, surely I can be kind to others?


Well, all I can say, is thank God they have been kind to me!


Until next time,
Blessings,
Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment