Saturday, February 18, 2012

SHUTTING ONE DOOR TO OPEN ANOTHER...

Hi everyone,

This is the last day of quite a challenging week.  Jeff has been away visiting his family in Victoria since last weekend, so of course I have been alone.  I quite enjoy 'alone time' but by now I am well and truly over it!  I'm looking forward to have Jeff's very comfortable company around again. :)

What made this week interesting was my decision to not watch TV.  Tragic I know that this was such a challenge....It was also rash and stupid that I announced to the Church last Sunday night that I would do this. That was not done to boast, but to be accountable.

There are two things I can tell you.  One that it actually was difficult.  I found that not having my usual comfort zone on the couch, I had to dig out another one with some worship music and my Bible or a good book.  Once I managed to push that door open I found it absolutely delightful!  So now I have made a couple of cozy comfort zones in my world ... but one thing is for sure; I have discovered that I can't be in both at the same time.
.........I have to shut one door in order to go through the other - Life certainly is a series of choices and we can't have it all after all.

With love,
Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment