Friday, November 27, 2009

THERE'S ONLY ONE CORRECT ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION!

Matthew 27:35-66 gives the account of Jesus' death on the cross. It paints a vivid picture of the environment and people that witnessed this horrific event. It is really enlightening to see the different responses to Jesus. Let me list them.


V35 - The soldiers carried on as usual

V39 - The people passing by and mocking

V40 - The people being cynical

V47 - Some misinterpreted His words

V48 - Some could only see the natural need of Jesus

V57-60 - Some responded with respect

V62-66 - Some responded with a need to control what was happening


Only one we know of responded in repentance and faith, a thief on the cross. (Luke 23:40-42) The result for that man was salvation that very day! Which category do you and I fit in?


"My prayer is that I really know when You are at work Lord and then having seen, help me to respond appropriately, in reverence and faith. Help me to know my day of visitation. Help me not to....


  • carry on as usual

  • by cynical

  • be dishonouring

....but help me to have an open heart to You and to reach out in faith."

No comments:

Post a Comment