Wednesday, September 23, 2009

This is me

Hi to you....

This is my very first blog entry and it feels strange to be trying something brand spanking new and unfamiliar! I need to introduce myself to you and explain a little of what this will be; so here goes... A DEEP BREATH!!!.....

I am a Christian woman who has been married to a wonderful man, Jeff Hammond for over 25 years. We have four children, a great son-in-law and one grandchild. (Another on the way). I live in country Queensland and work in the Dalby Assembly of God, in the office and on the pastoral team.

In that very brief summary there is a whole history of experiences, good, bad & downright ugly, lessons learned; passions and convictions developed, honed and strengthened. It is out of these that I intend to blog.

I also intend to share magical moments along the way, fresh ideas and discoveries and my prayer is that these will bring pleasure, laughter, joy, hope and encouragement to you.

My chief 'passion' is that people know that there is a God (a wonderful fully trustworthy and loving God) who is deeply interested and committed to us. That every person is significant no matter what their circumstances; that He has a great purpose and destiny for all; and that it all gets 'unwrapped' for us as we put our trust in Jesus Christ.

Until next time,

Blessings :)

Lynda

2 comments:

  1. needed to hear that today. Often I get so caught up in the everyday grind that I forget that God is interested and committed to me and all I do.
    Thanks xx C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Chelsea... I mean to revisit this on a regular basis with more thoughts...

    ReplyDelete